This job is currently Archived,
Brand Manager Digital Innovation, Oncology - Switzerland
Posted on : 22 December 2017
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us in the Swiss affiliate as a Brand Manager Digital Innovation, Oncology in our Pfäffikon (SZ), Switzerland office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our more than 230-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
As a Brand Manager Digital Innovation you will be responsible for the implementation of the brand strategy and all associated customer marketing activities. You will be leading digital & multi-channel customer engagement across the focus brands in the Oncology business unit. You will be empowered to drive deep understanding of what motivates (Hemato-) Oncologists and what would cause them to choose Takeda’s products over competitors, acting on this through the contribution to the development and implementation of an integrated brand plan, with considerations to the current market access conditions and challenges. You will be embedding a high customer focus within the Oncology team by spending significant amount of time (>30%) with customers and placing the customer at the center of every business decision. You will also ccontribute to the launch readiness process of new oncology products in market.
Business Strategy and Management
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the Strategic Brand Plan and local customer initiatives in line with the Brand Strategy to maximize brand performance.
- Leading the development of the digital & multi-channel customer engagement Brand Plan.
- The successful achievement of tactical objectives and milestones outlined within the Strategic Brand Plan including but not limited to:
- Development and implementation of digital promotional materials (e.g. Internet content, eDetailings, eMailings, …)
- Implement multi-channel solutions including digital, mailings & newsletter, media & PR activities for all customers line with the strategic plan and compliance
- Create programs and tactics customized to different customer groups including HCPs, patients, patient associations and media
- Strategic and tactical lead of Takeda´s digital congress activities
- Development and implementation of relevant digital patient support services in line with strategic planning
- Has a strong understanding of the local Oncology market and closely monitors environmental changes and competitor activities in order to be able to fine tune planned tactics.
- Drives market and competitor research – application of central segmentation in local context and competitive insights.
- Analyses key-success factors and risks for the brand to identify actions to strengthen brand positioning (e.g. direct medical development, labeling changes) to maximize brand performance. Anticipates and capitalizes on stakeholders’ market trends to create a competitive advantage. Recommends and gains approval from senior management for alternative approaches to maximize brand opportunities.
- Direct generation and analysis of data to seek out opportunities including life cycle management to support recommendations for strategic direction based on demand and market dynamics.
- Leading the business development process; coaches and monitors internal and external progress; leads external suppliers; drives the integrated life cycle plan.
- Achieving the above through effective liaising, networking and working relationships with the Oncology Brand Team, Takeda Market Access Team, Medical Department, Oncology KAMs, Customer Engagement / Commercial Excellence and other relevant stakeholders.
Effective team and cross functional working internally and externally
- Supports the Oncology BU Head in building and leading a strong brand team and developing team members to equip them for current and future business and career opportunities.
- Developing effective and constructive working relationships throughout the Business Unit and Takeda LOC in general and with the Oncology Brand Team, Takeda Market Access department and Takeda Medical Department in particular.
- Partnering with the Oncology KAM team/ Sales force to provide strategic direction in the development of training material and programs; ensure coherence of key messages and gather customer insights.
- Leading and taking ownership for key financial tasks for the brand including the development of annual budgets, operating plan, market sales forecasts, quarterly updates, etc.
- Effective budget control and resource management within predefined project budgets.
- Developing and maintaining strong, effective and constructive team relationships (Agency, Specialists and their associations, Advisory groups) and KOL networks by taking a leadership role in the communication and liaison between all pertinent external customers.
- Ensuring effective engagement with all relevant internal and external key stakeholders.
- Identifying and raising relevant issues, and proposing potential solutions, through the appropriate internal and external channels.
- Achieving best-in-class customer experience with significant dedicated time for regular interactions with customers - first hand feedback on materials and tactics, understanding of key pain points and opportunities to create value for Takeda.
- Implementation of multi-channel innovative communication approaches to customers.
Risk Management and controls
- Supporting the Oncology BU Head in managing the company’s risk profile including, (where appropriate), Code of Conduct and the Health and Safety performance of the business.
- Assisting the Oncology BU Head in ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place.
- Utilizing new market research approaches with business partners to assess business risks and opportunities. Proactively identifying brand opportunities and issues that require analysis of Business Information to create new approaches or new market opportunities.
- University degree (marketing, science preferably)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- (Hemato-) Oncology therapy experience (at least 2 years)
- Identification with Takeda-ism values
- Fluent written & spoken German & English (fluent spoken French)
Best chance criteria
- Experience with new product launches, especially in oncology and/or orphan disease markets highly desirable
- Experience in digital marketing and development of digital customer engagement or services
- Business acumen and ability to understand and actively contribute to P&L management
- Outside thinking; advocating patient and HCP perspective into the organization and enabling best-in-class Customer Experience
- Understands the oncology business model where the brand/s operate including working with a KAM model
- Analytical, converts information into insights; monitoring market trends, uncovering unmet needs, identifying risks, barriers and opportunities at national level
- Entrepreneurship and ability to develop a commercially robust plan that exceeds customer expectations
- Strong communicator with the ability to engage both external and internal customers and willing to spend high amount of time with customers
- Builds a collaborative network of relationships with people in a variety of functions, roles and locations and leverages formal and informal networks to accomplish the ambitious goals
- Personal drive to follow-through plan and excel
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com