Brand & Customer Manager, Oncology (Austria) - Austria
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Brand & Customer Manager, Oncology in our Vienna office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our more than 230-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Operating across 32 countries, our Europe and Canada region is diverse, dynamic and at the forefront of supporting our mission of delivering better health for patients through leading innovations in gastroenterology, central nervous system, oncology, and vaccines.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
As a Brand & Customer Manager, Oncology you will be a key responsible for local operating company (LOC) customer marketing - drive deep understanding of what motivates Oncology patients and the HCPs that care for them including what could cause them to choose Takeda’s products over competitors, acting on this through the delivery and implementation of an integrated brand plan, with considerations to the current market access conditions and challenges.
You will embed a high customer focus within Oncology team by spending a significant amount of time (>30%) with customers and placing the customer at the centre of every business decision. You will also be assisting with launch of new oncology products in market. You will be empowered to lead local integrated brand team and drive x-functional approach to achieve ambitious goals in a high competitive setting.
Business Strategy and Management
- Leading the development and implementation of the Strategic Brand Plan and local customer initiatives in line with the Brand Strategy to maximize brand performance
- The successful achievement of tactical objectives and milestones outlined within the Strategic Brand Plan including but not limited to:
- Development and implementation of promotional materials
- Implement multi-channel solutions including digital, mailings & newsletter, media & PR activities for all customers line with the strategic plan and compliance
- Create programs and tactics customized to different customer groups including HCPs, patients, patient associations and media
- Strategic and tactical lead of Takeda´s congress activities
- Development and implementation of a relevant patient support services in line with strategic planning
- Has a strong understanding of the local Oncology market and closely monitors environmental changes and competitor activities in order to be able to fine tune planned tactics
- Drives market and competitor research – application of central segmentation in local context and competitive insights
- Analyses key-success factors and risks for the brand to identify actions to strengthen brand positioning (e.g. direct medical development, labeling changes) to maximize brand performance. Anticipates and capitalizes on stakeholders’ market trends to create a competitive advantage. Recommends and gains approval from senior management for alternative approaches to maximize brand opportunities
- Directing generation and analysis of data to seek out opportunities including life cycle management to support recommendations for strategic direction based on demand and market dynamics
- Leading the business development process; coaches and monitors internal and external progress; leads external suppliers; drives the local integrated brand/life cycle plan
- Achieving the above through effective liaising, networking and working relationships with the Takeda Market Access Team, Oncology Brand Team, Takeda country Medical Department, Oncology KAMs, Customer Engagement / Commercial Excellence and other relevant outsource agencies
Effective team and cross functional working internally and externally
- Supports the Oncology BU Head in building and leading a strong brand team and developing team members to equip them for current and future business and career opportunities
- Developing effective and constructive working relationships throughout the Business Unit and Takeda LOC in general and with the Oncology Brand Team, Takeda Market Access department and Takeda Medical Department in particular
- Partnering with the Oncology KAM team/ Sales force to provide strategic direction in the development of training material and programs; ensure coherence of key messages and gather customer insights
- Leading and taking ownership for key financial tasks for the brand including the development of annual budgets, operating plan, market sales forecasts, quarterly updates, etc.
- Effective budget control and resource management within predefined project budgets
- Developing and maintaining strong, effective and constructive team relationships (Agency, Specialists and their associations, Advisory groups) and KOL networks by taking a leadership role in the communication and liaison between all pertinent external customers
- Ensuring effective engagement with all relevant internal and external key stakeholders
- Identifying and raising relevant issues, and proposing potential solutions, through the appropriate internal and external channels
- Achieving best-in-class customer experience with significant dedicated time for regular interactions with customers - first hand feedback on materials and tactics, understanding of key pain points and opportunities to create value for Takeda
- Implementation of multi-channel innovative communication approaches to customers
Risk Management and controls
- Supporting the Oncology BU Head in managing the company’s risk profile including, (where appropriate), Code of Conduct and the Health and Safety performance of the business
- Assisting the Oncology BU Head in ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place
- Utilizing new market research approaches with business partners to assess business risks and opportunities. Proactively identifying brand opportunities and issues that require analysis of Business Information to create new approaches or new market opportunities
- Targeted lung cancer therapy experience with ALK+ experience (highly preferred) or other targeted therapy experience (e.g. EGFR)
- Experience with new product launches, especially in oncology and/or orphan disease markets
- Experience in marketing and development of patient services
- Business acumen and ability to understand and actively contribute to the management of a P&L
- Outside thinking rather inside focus; advocating patient and HCP perspective into the organization and enabling best-in-class Customer Experience
- Crucial that the candidate understands the oncology business model where the brand/s operate including working with a KAM model, especially within the NSCLS market and specifically the ALK+ market
- Analytical, converts information into insights; monitoring market trends, uncovering unmet needs, identifying risks, barriers and opportunities at national level
- Entrepreneurship and ability to develop a commercially robust plan that exceeds customer expectations
- Strong communicator with the ability to engage both external and internal customers and willing to spend high amount of time with customers
- Builds a collaborative network of relationships with people in a variety of functions, roles and locations and leverages formal and informal networks to accomplish the ambitious goals
- Personal drive to follow-through plan and excel
- Fluency in German language is expected