Boston Discovery Pharmacogenomics Senior Scientist Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This Discovery Pharmacogenomics senior scientist position will interface with the Oncology Therapeutic Area to draft experimental plans for large scale molecular profiling experiments involving RNA expression profiling, SNP genotyping, or Next Generation Sequencing of RNA or DNA for the purposes of biomarker, target, or mechanism of action discovery for Merck's drug programs. The position will perform data analysis, including the analysis of newly produced data plus integration of large amounts of external data, with a strong focus on biological interpretation and pathway / network analysis. The position will draft internal and peer-reviewed publications and communicate the results back to the program teams and Therapuetic Area leadership.
- MS degree with at least 4 years of experience in an industrial setting or a PhD in Molecular Biology, Immunology, or a related discipline.
- 4+ years working in an industrial or academic setting.
- Graduate and/or post-doctoral studies in oncology research with an emphasis on the use of genomic technologies to understand disease progression, pathway activity, or for biomarker discovery.
- Experience in designing and analyzing data from microarray-based, RNAseq-based or middensity-based gene expression studies.
- Ability to perform independent integrated analysis of large multi-omic genomic profiling data.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills required.
- Deep knowledge of cancer biology and immunology.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Computational biology skills in one or more programming languages, e.g., PERL, R, Matlab.
- Experience in data integration and visualization tools such as Spotfire, UCSC Genome Browser, Cytoscape, OmicSoft, Bioconductor.
- Experience in pathway analysis tools such as GSEA, Ingenuity Pathways, or GeneGO.
- Direct experience in a pharmaceutical industrial setting, or direct experience in collaborating with clinical teams on biomarker strategies.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Informatics & Analytics
Job Title:Sr. Scientist, Inform & Analytics
Primary Location: NA-US-MA-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Scientific, Immunology, Oncology, Scientist, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Healthcare, Science