At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in this ioneering adventure?
In order to deliver the best solutions to patients, we now have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a position in our large-scale Biotech Manufacturing site in Bulle (canton of Fribourg), Switzerland:
Biotech Manufacturing Manager
- Lead the Manufacturing Support Team and organize the daily management in terms of troubleshooting to improve the quality issues and the deviation handling, and in terms of identification and prioritization of the projects for the continuous improvement of the business.
- The primary focus of this role consists in preparing the future by reaching the operational goals defined by the hierarchy and functional services in the scope of the vision and the missions set out by the company. You will contribute to the long-term strategy establishment and implementation in terms of technology adaptation and improvements with collaboration for CAPEX management.
- You will contribute to the production site success through the continuous improvement projects on the permaculture deviations reduction and the efficiency of the production process.
- Lead the Manufacturing Support Team.
- Define the Continuous Improvement mission and vision of the biotech manufacturing in order to meet plant goals for yields, capacity, and quality, in order to ensure high process performance, capacity utilization and success rate.
- Participate to the definition of the Technical Operations and Quality strategy and associated processes.
- Put in place major change projects for the Biotech Manufacturing in Bulle.
- Regularly assess current processes towards new solutions within regulations.
- Drive actively the elaboration of new projects (new installations, etc. …): URS writing, follow-up of ordered works, etc.
- Ensure the coordination of improvement projects in order to satisfy the commercial needs.
- Define and manage process description included in regulatory filings.
- Develop an efficient, robust and systematic change control management.
- Identification of optimization opportunities, evaluation of local impact and implementation of process changes.
- Contribute to the implementation of the latest tools for monitoring process robustness.
- Guarantee that the production runs in compliance with the existing process and product norms, procedures and instructions and especially the GMP.
- Providing technical support during regulatory inspections.
- Establish the investments and functions budget as well as their justifications within the deadlines set out and ensure their follow-up.
- Contribute to the implementation of HS&E , Operational Excellence and continual improvement culture into the manufacturing site.
- Contribute to the implementation of adequate technical solutions for improvement of security prevention and environment protection annual plan.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Ability to identify and to implement opportunity of improvement in line with the vision, mission and strategy.
- Ability to translate the vision, mission and strategy of the company and of the site into projects and actions.
- Leadership skills.
- Emotional Intelligence skills.
- Master degree in a relevant Life Sciences engineering discipline.
- Relevant operational experience (min 10 years) in biotech process engineering and manufacturing management.
- Experience in dealing with inspections from the health authorities.
- Proven experience in project management, certification is a plus (Green Belt/PMI).
- Fluent French and English with excellent writing skills.
- Strong Interests in new technologies (Industry 4.0, big data, machine learning…etc.).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organization.
- Strong relationship management with business partners at different levels and stakeholders.
- Ability to work with large amount of data and provide complex analyses. Knowledge of statistical software is a plus (Minitab, JMP, R …etc.).
- Problem solving and solutions oriented.
- Proven ability to take sound, fast and courageous decisions.
- Autonomous, organized and with the sense of priorities.
- Be engaged to impact patients' lives.
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. With more than 7,700 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 4.6 billion in 2018.
UCB, recently recognized as the best employer with the Cogent Life Science Awards, is a fast-growing global company with an investment of more than 25% of revenue in cutting-edge scientific research to meet unmet patient needs. We have a passionate, long-term commitment to discovering and developing innovative medicines that transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference and deliver results.
If you are interested and you correspond to the researched profile, please apply directly via our Talent Community Website: https://www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Biotech, Law, Engineer, Manager, Science, Legal, Engineering, Management, Research
Find a Job Find Candidates