Biostatistician - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is committed to making a difference in the lives of patients through scientific discovery. Rigorous science is at the core of everything we do to discover, develop and deliver novel medicines that will meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and other diseases.
- Translational Sciences at our company has been established to bridge the research findings at the Discovery and Development levels within each of our clinical programs. In collaboration with academic, clinical and industrial scientists, this group utilizes the knowledge that has been developed around each of our existing programs to examine patient samples from human studies to validate specific target modulation, to identify biological changes that correlate with target modulation as well as study patient characteristics that could be utilized to predict response to therapy.
- The results are used to enrich and refine the Development program strategy as well as inform and guide future Discovery efforts.
- The Translational Sciences group at our company is seeking a bio-statistician with a PhD degree, or an MS degree with equivalent experience in the field.
- This individual will assist the Program Leaders in the analysis of translational research data coming from various assay formats, including multiplex cytokine assays, multiparameter flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry and genomic sequencing.
- The individual will also have the opportunity to explore new analysis methods in collaboration with a number of internal and external investigators and implement these new strategies into analysis of data from human clinical trials.
- We are looking for a highly motivated scientist to work in a collaborative laboratory environment focused on pushing the boundaries of science in the context of interpreting human clinical studies.
- Provide statistical expertise/direction in data analysis to the Translational Sciences organization
- Provide statistical input to translational science bio marker plans for protocols
- Interpret study results and assist Program Leaders in writing (or at least QC and review) summary reports of study results
- Assist in writing relevant sections of clinical study reports
- Scientific background with a MD or Ph.D. with a broad knowledge of biostatistics and a demonstrated track record of performing excellent scientific analyses
- Familiarity with statistical analysis using SAS. Ability to use SAS to perform efficacy analyses and validate important data derivations when necessary.
- Knowledge of multivariate analyses and biomarker analyses
- Passion for exploration of human biology with an ability to work independently
- Ability to balance execution of multiple tasks to accomplish program goals
- An interest in working in and creating an environment of scientific curiosity and an open exchange of ideas
- A high level of emotional intelligence and willing to work closely and collaboratively with other functional groups internal and external to the company
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills