We are an open innovation center for the development of bio-based products and processes, founded in 2008. In recent years, it has grown to one of the leading pilot plants in Europe and is recognized by the European Commission as a model pilot plant for the key enabling technology Industrial Biotechnology. Our plant supports the bio-based economy by development, optimization and scale up of bio-based processes and products, bridging the gap between laboratory research and industrial production. We participate in a number of R&D projects, some funded by European and regional agencies, some privately funded by companies we collaborate with. To expand our team, we are looking for an engineer or biotechnologist with a strong background in fermentation, downstream processing and scale up.
- A degree in bio-engineering (bioprocessing, chemistry, biotechnology, cell- and gene technology or related)
- PhD in Biotechnology is a surplus
- at least 3 years of relevant industrial experience
- relevant experience with bacterial, yeast or fungal hosts
- relevant experience with biocatalytic processes for the production of chemicals, food ingredients or cosmetics
- knowledge of scale up and pilot research is an asset
We offer a dynamic, international and young working environment with excellent perspectives for the future.
A suitable candidate can start immediately.