N&H is commercializing a range of ingredients enabling enhanced bioprotection, improved nutritional profile, better taste, better texture with greater cost efficiency and lower environmental impact to meet the needs of manufacturers of food, beverages, dietary supplements and pet food. Through the work of the global network of food scientists and technologists, N&H offer is supported by a uniquely broad spectrum of know-how across applications and processing.
- The candidate will lead a team of technicians focusing on lab scale starter cultures process development to enable new product introduction as well as productivity savings within N&H plants worldwide (France, Germany, USA…). He will receive guidance from the BioProcess Group Manager and be part of a team of Scientists and Engineers.
- The candidate will also bring its expertize on starter cultures and/or industrial microbiology to foster cross-functional ideation, leveraging competitive knowledge, evaluating emerging solutions and sharing market relevant proposals.
- Foster team engagement and people development through information sharing, skills development and promoting team contribution
- Manage its own technical project (to be refined based on candidate’s profile) with the support of the N&H global Innovation network
- Assign resources on projects in line with management/business priorities and technical manager needs
- Promote best practices in regards to safety as well as operational and scientific excellence (Gatekeeper on upscaling procedures, Gatekeeper on process guidelines, TN reporting, patent mindset)
- Foster Innovation through efficient communication across N&H and beyond (e.g. custom manufacturing projects requesting customer interaction)
- Strive for on time project deliveries through improving working procedures (e.g. integrate project learnings) and focusing on priorities
- Master degree in Biochemical/Chemical engineering or Food science
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the field of industrial microbiology or 5 years experience in starter cultures development (e.g. cheese / fresh fermented products)
- French and English are mandatory for this position.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work/network with people within an international and multicultural environment. Ability to communicate with people from various organizations (R&D people, plant people, business people, application people, N&H customers, QA etc).
- Dynamic, results oriented, team oriented, able to travel and flexible
- Ability to learn rapidly:
- Understand N&H lab & industrial practices (e.g. relevant scale up parameters) to ensure developed BPD solutions are matching the productivity requirements and plant industrialization constraints
- Understand starter formulation principles, starter product qualification methods and Innovation workflow to foster on time project deliveries
- Understand practical considerations in regards to fermentation (media, process parameters…), separation processes (centrifugation, filtration technology…) and stabilization processes (LN2 freezing, lyophilization…)
- A working experience within a global recognized company is a strong plus