This job is currently Archived,
Biologics Process Supervisor - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 15 May 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Within this exciting Biologics start up the Biologics Process Supervisor will provide front-line leadership to a team within the Biologics Integrated Process Team (IPT) to manufacture quality pharmaceutical products in accordance to meeting the MMD Priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan.
- The Process Supervisor is responsible for the management of the team through the active implementation of the Tier process. He/She will be responsible for molding a High Performance culture within his/her team by creating an environment of flexibility, collaboration, engagement and teamwork.
- As a active member within the cross functional Biologic integrated process team providing support, guidance and expertise to ensure the success of the IPT.
- The successful candidate will model the Leadership behaviors and understand the MPS principles to drive a culture of continuous improvement building a High Performance Organisation.
- Lead team by providing ongoing coaching and support to all team members, including the identification and development of key talent and skills within the team.
- Drive the team’s performance so that every individual understands their individual contribution and how it impacts the site.
- Ensure supply of high quality product through tactical planning and execution of production schedules
- Sound manufacturing stewardship, resource planning, scheduling and control.
- Consistently deliver on specific area Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), e.g. EHS metrics, Production Plan, OEE, compliance, team training and budget performance.
- Ensure highest Quality & Compliance standards.
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying Merck Six Sigma tools within the IPT on projects such as: OEE, problem solving, reducing cycle time, Lean principles within the process.
- Develop an effective, focused and strong team by understanding: their abilities, unique contribution and broadening their skill set to be agile and prepared for any future business requirements
- Provide your team with the tools and development opportunities (including educational assistance, job rotation, cross-functional training, Six Sigma) to make them successful.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. manufacturing, quality, engineering, etc).
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Engineering, Production).
- At least three years experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment with experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven capability for delivering results in a regulated Pharmaceutical environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Lean Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Environmental Health & Safety, Biologist, Management, Engineering, Healthcare