- As a bioinformatics Scientist you have an expertise in bioinformatics and an understanding of the cancer genome to identify cancer driver aberrations and to associate those genetic events with a diagnostic value.
- You develop new data analysis strategies for tumor analysis with the company.
- You are also involved in designing and testing company products, so that they meet our quality standards.
- Our company offers a young and dynamic working environment with good connections to labs worldwide.
- An opportunity to play a role in products that make a difference in a patient’s life.
- Providing scientific expertise in bioinformatics.
- Developing new data analysis strategies for tumor analysis.
- Designing and validating new products in collaboration with external research institutes.
- Actively participating in various research projects towards improvement of the company technology.
- Translating scientific knowledge into new company based methods.
- Performing company quality tests and data analysis.
- PhD or MSc degree in Bioinformatics, computer science computational biology, biostatistics or similar.
- Affinity with molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics and working in a commercial setting.
- Experience with data analysis of Next Generation sequencing experiments is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of C#, SQL, Visual basic is preferred.
- Fluency in English in both writing and speaking. Knowledge of Dutch is preferred.
- Characteristics: Creative, analytical and organised.
- Able to work independently as well as part of the team.