- Our company seeks a Bioinformatics Scientist to analyze next generation sequencing data and to implement bioinformatics software tools for the analysis and improvement of industrial microorganisms.
- The candidate will be a hands-on contributor in a global collaborative environment, embedded in research projects involving genomic characterization of microbial strains (bacteria, yeast, filamentous fungi) via comparative genomics, taxonomy, transcript analysis, and genome characterization.
- The candidate will also integrate genome information with other biological data streams (e.g., proteomics, metabolomics, SNVs, CNVs, DNA methylation) to identify genes that confer improved phenotype.
- Responsibilities include implementation of computational tools, bioinformatics analysis pipelines and software solutions for visualization of omics data.
- Providing occasional training in basic bioinformatic analysis to non-bioinformatics researchers is also required.
- Requires a PhD with 2 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 4 years of experience in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related discipline. Candidates should have a strong background in the application of bioinformatics software for Illumina sequencing and utility programming in a UNIX environment coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in analysis of eukaryotic or microbial genomes is essential.
- Proficiency with Python programming language and statistical analysis with R, Matlab or Python, and data visualization are highly desirable.
The Bioinformatics Scientist will have:
- Extensive knowledge of bioinformatics software tools as evidenced by personal publications.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Productivity working in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of microbiology, biochemistry & genetics in addition to computer science and computational biology skills.
- US citizenship or permanent residency status (green card) is required.
- Candidate will be challenged with the complexity of global project activities and providing tools and solutions for a scientifically diverse global R&D community.
- In addition, the candidate will be challenged by the rapidly changing landscape of bioinformatics tools.
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.
- Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.