- Are you an experienced specialist in working across the fields of statistics, computer science, bioinformatics, and biology?
- Do you thrive by walking new, challenging and innovative paths?
- Would you like to be part of a global company striving for global leadership within psychiatry and neurology by improving the lives of patients?
- Then there is an opportunity to join the Bio metrics Division at our company and become a member of our new cross-functional Bioinformatics team.
- The Bio metrics Division is a division within Clinical R&D.
- In total we are 80 Statisticians, Programmers, Data Managers, and Data Scientists located in Copenhagen and Singapore.
- The cross-functional Bioinformatics team consists of people with background and experience in mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, machine learning, computer science and neuroscience.
- The team is focused on development and application of state-of-the-art approaches to help understanding of disease mechanism, genetic variants, biological pathways and biomarkers with the goal of developing innovative treatments.
Your Job and key responsibilities
- As Bioinformatics Expert, you apply your expertise within bioinformatics and statistical modelling to address biological questions.
- Based on your theoretical knowledge and your exploration of complex data, you generate actionable biological insight together with the team.
- You and the team will work closely together with biologists and clinicians to improve the biological understanding of the targets and diseases, and to investigate and define patient segments based on a variety of data types including genomics and clinical data from the CNS indications on which company focuses; Schizophrenia, Depression, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease.
- You participate in preparing scientific publications, and will work with collaborators within academia, scientific communities and international consortia.
In this setting, we offer an attractive and challenging job in a dynamic atmosphere with great opportunities for personal and scientific development, and with active participation in cross-functional teams including Research and Development.
Our preferred candidate has the following personal and professional qualifications:
- has a PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or Engineering possibly combined with a degree within neuroscience or other life sciences
- has significant applied experience with one or more of the core competence areas; bioinformatics, machine learning, and mathematical modelling
- has a proven track record with analysing complex data from platforms such as DNA/RNA sequence, SNP arrays, and gene expression arrays
- has experience with relevant software tools such as Matlab, R, Mathematica, Perl, and Python
- is innovative, curious, creative, analytical, and proactive
- is a team player and enjoys the interaction with colleagues and collaborators from different functional areas
- is fluent in oral and written English
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.