Bioinformatics and Data Science Trainer - Belgium
- The Bioinformatics Core is hiring an enthusiastic ELIXIR trainer to expand the training program and establish the data science curriculum of ELIXIR Belgium.
- Our institute greatly values diverse standpoints and promotes an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected
- Based on your experience in data science and life sciences and in collaboration with the Training Coordinator of ELIXIR-BE, you will develop and organise several new training sessions including online training material.
- To successfully accomplish your program, you will scout potential (bio)informatics trainers, guide them in setting up a successful training session and take the final responsibility of the execution and followup of training sessions.
- You will also have the opportunity to give training sessions of your own (preferentially in data science related topics) and to explore new ways of training methods.
- To keep up your skills in the fast evolving area of data science and bioinformatics, part of your time will be dedicated to specific projects in these topics.
- You will continue to establish connections to international trainers, and work on the visibility of the company Bioinformatics Core and ELIXIR Belgium, towards the institute and towards the world.
- You can count on administrative and communication support, and the assistance of two bioinformatics trainers as colleagues to succeed.
- Delivering training is one of our major activities, besides software development and providing bioinformatics software to company scientists.
- You have a university degree in Sciences (Bioinformatics/Computer Sciences or similar)
- A broad view of current data science evolutions
- Specific hands-on skills in a subdomain of data science and data analytics
- Strong organizing skills
- Techsavvy (python, docker, github, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing (Amazon, EGI Cloud, etc.)
- Good communication and teaching skills
- Fluently understanding and speaking English
Key personal characteristics:
- People-centered with focus on service delivery
- No problem with traveling within Flanders frequently
- A full-time position for 2 years initially.
- Prolongation is envisaged depending on the successful granting of an international project.