Bioinformatician - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the go-to Ag Biotech company for higher crop yield & quality.
- With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector.
- Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops.
- Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms.
- We work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world.
- Data, information and knowledge are among company’s most important products.
- As a bioinformatic you will play an important role in our technical research to develop state-of-the-art bioinformatics products for the integration, visualization and extraction of genomic and genetic breeding data.
- These products serve as a customizable and interactive encyclopedia for our internal research but also for our customers to mine and understand the genomic and genetic background of the crops that they are working on.
- Besides research and development, you will therefore participate in the delivery of these products to our customers by collecting and adding crop-specific data to the system and by training customers to work with the system.
- A BSc or MSc degree in bioinformatics
- Experience with working in a LINUX environment
- Experience with full stack web development
- Knowledge and experience with database systems
- Team player with a pro-active and project-oriented attitude
- Driven by developing bioinformatics solutions for customers
- Good communication skills and fluent in English (written and spoken)
- It is a pre when candidates have knowledge of:
- Genetics and genomics within the field of plant breeding
- NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
- Experience with heterogenic datasets
- Experience with public datasets retrieval and processing
- Our company offers a dynamic job with a competitive salary and benefits in a vibrant, highly innovative and ambitious research company.
- You will be able to work on the continuous development of our technology platforms and so contribute to our internationally recognized position in agro-biotech research.