This job is currently Archived,
Bioinformatician - Switzerland
Sophia Genetics (company)
Posted on : 22 March 2017
You will be involved in our clinical next generation sequence (NGS) data analysis, specifically in exploratory data analysis tasks, either from our own wet lab or the data from our collaborators.
- You are motivated, enthusiastic and flexible. You are a team player and have the capacity to work independently on a project to completion.
- You have expertise in NGS data analysis and high volume data visualization. You can demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- Strong data analysis experience using R/Bioconductor.
- Strong Linux bash scripting experience.
- Strong perl programming experience, and familiar with Python, and JAVA.
- Experience in amplicon based NGS data analysis, and in the analysis of high-throughput sequencing data (preferably Illumina and ionTorrent sequence data).
- Familiarity with Galaxy or other pipeline building system.
- The candidate must speak English, any other language would also be an advantage.