- Our company is a leader in the strongly growing and very dynamic market of diagnostic services companies.
- As a service organization we offer serological, virus-based and molecular analyses of any type of sample and combine this with a global logistics service network.
- We have customers from all over the world and our analyses encompass many types of viruses. Professionalism and high quality standards are hallmarks of our organization.
- We are ISO15189 accredited and comply with worldwide regulatory standards to enable our customers to file and launch new drug applications in Europe, Asia, and the USA.
- Our company is steadily growing and in recent months we obtained several new requests to participate in global phase-2 and phase-3 drug development programs and we obtained a large 4-years contract to help improve vaccines with a global health impact.
- We are dynamic and diverse and are now offering a fascinating opportunity for a professional who likes to take initiative, is highly motivated to achieve, has focus on results, is flexible, and is willing to learn and cooperate.
- Our company offers customized methodology for targeted Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- Important applications include consensus viral gene/genome sequencing and analysis of structural genomic variants.
- Our company aims to develop bioinformatics tools that best fit the different applications of NGS and maximize their value and utility.
- The bioinformatics tools are used in the analysis of service-based projects and are mostly shared with our customers.
- To support the growth and ambitions of our company, company Bio sciences looks for a bioinformatic for NGS analysis and tool development who will be a part of the team and work closely with its scientists.
- You will be working in a core team of technicians / professionals that has a lot of interaction with other colleagues within the company.
- We are looking for a person who can develop and optimize data-analysis tools for NGS sequencing and data analysis with attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with the research and development team in analyzing and interpreting the results of NGS protocol optimizations and novel applications are required. You have to be a team player, customer –oriented and used to working in a commercial environment.
Education and experience
- Master / PHD in bioinformatics or equivalent. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in bioinformatics with extensive experience in NGS analyses are also invited to apply.
- Fluent in one or more of the following languages: Python/Pandas/Perl/SQL/Jave/C++/R.
- Experience with Linux or UNIC operating systems.
- Experience in NGS data analysis, virology expertise preferable.
- Strong professionally Dutch and English language skills both verbally and written.
- This will be determined according to education, experience, and company policy.
- We offer a one-year contract with the possibility of extension upon good performance, and eventually a permanent position.