Bioinformatician - Data Analyst - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
About our facility
- As supporting units, our core facilities have the ambition to continuously improve the local research environment and to offer research groups access to high-end infrastructure and expert staff to assist with the execution of technology-demanding, interdisciplinary projects.
- Our company is a flagship Core Facility that provides contemporary mass spectrometry-based proteomics services.
- Running several state-of-the-art mass spectrometers, typical services include large-scale analysis of biological samples to measure protein abundance, identify protein modifications and map protein interactions.
The Proteomics Core is looking for an enthusiastic (bio)informatician who will:
- Implement existing software tools and adjust them to our needs
- Develop novel computational tools
- Assist in the analysis of service projects
- Provide general IT support
- Computer Engineer, Master or Bachelor degree in Informatics or a related field, with an interest in biological data, bioinformatics or biostatistics
- Good programming skills in Java and/or Python are required, along with experience with relational database systems (e.g., MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Open minded, creative and cooperative
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Desirable but not required:
- Experience in omics data analysis (e.g. genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics)
- Experience with mass spectrometry data analysis
- A working climate where trust, collaboration, commitment and quality work is essential
- An open ended contract with an attractive salary and benefits
- Access to state-of-the art tools and infrastructure
- A stimulating and supportive international research environment