This job is currently Archived,
(Bio) Engineer, BioInformatician, Microscopist Position - Belgium
Posted on : 15 April 2017
- The Bio Imaging Core (BIC) at the Department of Neuroscience has a position for a researcher to contribute to an ongoing technique development in the context of simultaneously correlative electron and light microscopy imaging.
- BIC invested in a new system that incorporates a super-resolution optical microscope into a fully functional Scanning Electron Microscope in one device
- Together with the supplier of the system , we want to develop a novel image application pipeline – to create 3D images from a series of 2D images acquired by this system.
- The task of the candidate will be to work out a workflow for optimizing imaging conditions, to identify similar regions in consecutive tissue sections, and to align and visualize them in 3D.
- The project will be carried out in collaboration with the company supplying the system , and the candidate will have to interact with this company.
- The successful candidate should have sufficient experience relevant to the task.
- He/she must have sufficient technical experience that he/she can independently collect data and he/she should also be able to work alongside or assist academic researchers.
- Master or PhD in Bioinformatics, Bioscience engineering, Computational Biology, Computational Science or equivalent.
- Candidates should be comfortable with image processing tasks, and be interested in, or experienced with light and, or electron microscopy.
- Technical experience with automated imaging systems, use of x,y translational stages and linear motors of microscope stages is a plus.
- Experience with 3D visualization and image registration is a plus.
- Experience in bioinformatics is a plus.
- Experience with automated deployment tools is a plus.
- Both senior candidates (including those with advanced degrees) and job starters are encouraged to apply.
- International environment in an academic context.
- A challenging and stimulating work environment, at the interface of technologies and an innovative project.
- Situated in the heart of Europe , the position is ideally suited to international candidates.