MSD Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – Europe in Prague, Czech Republic will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
The Billing & Collections Analyst supports commercial services, in the OtC area such as Accounts Receivables and collections. The position is responsible for ensuring all transactional activity is properly recorded and compliant with country statutory and tax requirements. This position will also coordinate with key stakeholders and act as a subject matter expert in the OtC space.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administer credit, collection and cash application policies as associated with trade receivables
• Interact with customers’ accounts payable contacts/buyers to pursue past dues, repayments, resolve unapplied cash receipts and resolve issues with a high level of customer service
• Execute Month End manual controls
• Ensure orders on credit hold for customers within his/her portfolio are researched and resolved appropriately
• Accountability for 3rd party and bankruptcy processes
• Provide operational governance and accountability to BPO including audits, operational feedback, meeting established SLA’s, review and adherence to standard operating procedures.
• Partner with process owners to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
• Interact with Credit Card Merchant provider, Corporate Treasury and Banking institutions
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a finance or accounting department of a multinational company
• Credit and Collection experience preferred
• Business-level English language skills (speaking and writing) required; additional languages spoken preferred (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Hungarian, Slovakian)
• Experience using SAP desired
• Have considerable experience with customer negotiations
• Have a thorough knowledge of credit-related laws
Technical Skills Requirements
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
• Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
• Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
• Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: Shared Services Job Title:Spclst, Shared Svcs Accounting
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 14
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, ERP, SAP, BPO, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Technology, Operations