- The Global Business Unit Specialty Polymers (GBU SpP) is one of the largest in the company, both for revenue and number of employees.
- Our company Specialty Polymers it’s the leader of its profession worldwide, with the largest product and technology portfolio, the highest growth and profitability, the most appreciated quality of products and technical support to customers.
- In this GBU the Industrial function ensures the Production operations, the HSE and Manufacturing Excellence and the Capital projects and investments.
Contribute / Lead digital projects and initiatives to enhance industrial excellence, production growth and profitability, for existing units and in case of new investments and projects, through the application of advanced Big Data techniques, operating in multi-functional teams.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- For the existing production units: enhance operations excellence and growth (such as capacity increase, safety-quality & reliability improvements, costs reduction), through the application of advanced Big Data treatment (e.g. data crunching, data-lake, statistical modeling, optimization in complex and multi-variable environment), working in multi-functional teams
- In case of new capital investments: ensure the appropriate Big Data techniques are integral part of the project, fostering its value creation and profitability
- Maintain systems and applications, and ensure their continued development, in line with business and customer needs.
- Ensure the technology watch in the Big Data domain and work closely with other team members / experts to understand technological opportunities and feasibility
- Drive momentum for new concepts and secure necessary assets and resources (internal, external, training, ..) as needed
- Ensure appropriate report and internal communication related Big Data activity
COMPETENCES and QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly skilled in Data Management and Statistical Treatments
- Master Degree in Maths or Statistics
- High proficiency in mathematics and statistics IT supports and applications (e.g. modeling, optimization tools)
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Ability to Plan and Execute
- Proficient in English, verbal and written
- Proficient in using collaboration and communication tools
- Able to travel as required(estimated at 10-15% of time)
- Our company is a major global player in chemicals with 90% of sales in business among the top 3 global leaders.
- An attractive salary package within a global, highly motivate work environment.
- One year contract