For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Behavior Technician I for our Research Models & Services site located in Houston, TX.
The Behavior Technician I will assist with providing appropriate enrichments to the animals’ structural and social environments and provide opportunities for species-typical activities. The Behavior Technician I will also monitor colony behavioral health and provide care to animals needing special attention and/or treatments as directed.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Behavior Technician I position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in animal or life sciences or related discipline.
- 1-3 years experience in animal research and/or husbandry; multi-species experience preferred or must have fully satisfied technical and experience requirements for the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the LAT level preferred
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory species. Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals. Understanding of routine study design and protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet