BCG Senior Process Technician Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Organon Teknika vaccine manufacturing operations area is seeking a Senior Production Process Technician. The Organon Teknika Facility manufactures BCG Live TICE BCG, Onco Tice, and BCG Vaccine. These products are manufactured from a live, attenuated lyophilized bacterial suspension; the products are indicated for the treatment of Bladder Cancer and provide vaccination for Tuberculosis.
As a Senior Production Process Technician, this role will be an individual team contributor in the manufacturing of BCG vaccine products in Durham, NC. The position will be responsible for performing media formulations, sterile component preparation, process equipment operations, visual product inspections, aseptic harvest/filling/sealing processes, and packaging operations. The individual will maximize the potential of the overall BCG Operations team and contribute to a work environment that allows for progressive continuous improvement of skills and inclusive behavior norms.
• Performs production operation activities independently with limited coaching support.
• Completes daily work assignments and coordinates work with other team members.
• Competent execution of GMP documentation related to Production operations.
• Perform liquid media formulation activities.
• Execute sterile component preparation activities for aseptic operations.
• Perform visual inspection of product vials.
• Performs final product labeling and packaging operations.
• Perform aseptic harvest/filling/sealing operation activities related to the manufacture of a parenteral biologic.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance to government regulations through a demonstrated understanding of SOP's and a general knowledge of company policies/guidelines, safety/environmental regulations, and GMP's.
• Gain a working knowledge of the production process by becoming qualified to operate process equipment.
• Enters SAP transactions for process instruction sheets related to Production operations.
•Performs production operation activities independently with limited coaching support.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Minimum education and experience is a high school diploma with a minimum four years relevant experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
•Minimum of 5 years of technical manufacturing experience as a Production operator.
•Experience working within a pharmaceutical and/or biological manufacturing facility with a strong emphasis of aseptic processing techniques.
•Computer literacy in MS Office, Word, Outlook, and Excel .
•Experience working with Process Equipment in a GMP regulated industry.
•Understanding of cGMP and regulatory requirements.
•Experience with process SOP review and execution compliance.
•Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with manufacturing equipment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field preferred.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Production / Operator
Job Title:Sr. Tech, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-NC-Durham
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Technician, Medical, Law, Maintenance, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Healthcare, Legal, Manufacturing, Science