AWS Cloud Engineer - India
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in plant biotechnology area including discovery, development and delivery of elite crop genetics.
- We are currently seeking AWS Cloud Engineer to design, manage and maintain tools for its AWS environment at the company Knowledge Center in India for our global Data Science and Informatics group.
- You’ll become part of a work environment that nurtures your interests, ignites your passion, creates opportunities to serve and helps you attain success–both personally and professionally.
- The hiring level will be commensurate with the level of experience.
Job Responsibilities Include, but not limited to, the following:
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 3 – 5 years of systems administration and configuration experience with 2 years of experience focused on cloud-hosted environments
- Cloud deployment automation experience utilizing Cloud Formation, Terraform, Jenkins, and/or cloud-init
- Demonstrated ability to implement robust, effective, and high-quality solutions
- Detailed knowledge of cloud infrastructure management
- Experience with log consolidation, reporting, and alerting frameworks such as ELK
- Demonstrated use of most services on the AWS platfor
- Experience with SAML and/or OAuth
- Administration of source code management systems and package repositories
- Database administration and tuning including PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Experience administering and automating Linux and Windows
- Working knowledge of Nginx, Apache, and IIS administration
- Experience in threat monitoring and resolution
- Systems architecture and design
Good to have:
- Solid understanding of networking and security best practices
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly with a strong sense of urgency
- Proven troubleshooting experience, and a talent for solving hard problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills