Automation Test Architect Job - Czechia
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Join us in the digital health revolution and tackle biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. Become a member of our IT Global Innovation Center in the heart of Prague with innovative atmosphere and flat, friendly and collaborative environment. Create awesome digital products and enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
The Test Automation Architect within Service Validation and Testing will be responsible for designing and architecting the automation frameworks used for testing our systems and business processes. This role collaborates with project management, scrum masters, developers and testers to understand the goals of the project and the testing needs. The candidate must demonstrate a solid understanding of software testing methods and automation frameworks. This is a hands-on senior technologist role with responsibilities spanning across development areas, platforms and projects for all global technology applications and products. This is a high visibility role that will provide strategic direction aligned to the testing and software development organizations.
The nature of the position requires excellent oral and written communication skills and proven leadership in complex team situations. The incumbent will ensure that all SLC concepts are applied in accordance with company policy.
The position will interact with several levels in the organization and will be critical in establishing good relationships with numerous IT organizations and business partners.
• MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 10 years applied work experience.
• Affinity with pharmaceutical industry preferred.
• Strong leadership qualities and 5+ years of test automation and quality assurance experience, with a demonstrated history of working in Agile, Continuous Integration and DevOps environments and methodologies.
• Minimum eight years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, executing and maintaining automated test suites. (experience as a software developer will be considered)
• Experience operating within an Agile development environment, preferably SCRUM, where 2 week release cycles are implemented.
• Strong knowledge of industry standard Testing and DevOps tools, including HP ALM, Selenium, QTP, Jira, Jenkins, Docker, Git, SoapUI, Java, Python, Robot Framework, Junit or similar
• Strong knowledge of DevOps standards and disciplines, including coding standards, test-data handling, object repository treatment, deployment and build automation, continuous integration, Infrastructure-as-a-service, Platforms-as-a-service and Continuous Delivery
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, train, coach and guide other team members in a strong matrix organization.
• Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Apply and develop automated test frameworks and tools to meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals.
• Strong knowledge of Software Quality Assurance and Testing standards and disciplines, including Test Planning, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Defect Management and Automation.
• Translate existing manual regression, functional and load testing cases into automation.
• Evolve automated test framework to achieve higher test throughput, increased accessibility and test execution flexibility
• Analyze existing automation structure to identify needs or gaps and/or develop new automation tools/frameworks and other supporting testing software to meet management expectations
• Work with QA and Development teams to increase automation test coverage, improve efficiency and effectiveness of testing efforts
• Create, document and execute automation testing strategies and test plans
• Evaluate tools and processes and provide recommendations to promote best practices
• Evaluate and work with third party vendors to assist in testing efforts as required
• Mentor and train testing team, development team and QA team members
• Participate in product design and requirement reviews in collaboration with develop architects and development teams
• Analyze testing and DevOps processes, standards, and best practices and drive necessary improvements
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration Job Title:Automation Test Architect
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Architecture, Computer Science, Quality Assurance, Testing, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Technology, Science