Automation Engineering Lead Allegan United States,
Perrigo Company plc, a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®. Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, Perrigo has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network. Perrigo is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
The Automation Engineering Lead provides technical automation and compliance support to pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging operations. Provides leadership to hourly maintenance staff to support quality initiatives, improve productivity and costs, explore innovative and alternate solutions to meet business needs, and provides great customer service to Operations to meet their objectives through timely, professional, and safe practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with four years of process control related experience in a production setting. Electrical engineering and some supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) (Allen-Bradley/Rockwell), Human Machine Interface (HMI), Ethernet networks, personal computer (PC) based supervisory control, operating systems and SQL databases, data acquisition (SCADA) systems, and Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Plant Historian systems (OSI PI, Aspen Tech, etc., and vision systems including OCR/OCV (barcode and data matrix formats) preferred
- Basic understanding of batch control fundamentals and demonstrate the use of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Experience with computer validation and change management in an FDA/cGMP related environment, including experience and familiarity with Good Automated Manufacturing Practices (GAMP). Familiarity with serialization as it relates to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software, and the ability to read and understand drawings, flowcharts, schematics, as it relates to control system design documentation.
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean and Six Sigma processes preferred, including experience with the different continuous improvement techniques.
- Demonstrated self-confidence, and ability to manage direct reports, consultants, and contractors, while interfacing with multiple departments, working with internal engineers to manage control system projects, policy and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, including good oral and written communication skills, and previous experience using computers.
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and maintain confidentiality.
Find a Job Find Candidates