Automation Engineer - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Automation Engineer will provide Automation support and expertise in a highly automated manufacturing facility to assist our company to manufacture quality pharmaceutical.
- Responsible and accountable for supporting all Automation components of the process.
- On-floor support of manufacturing activities.
- Active participation in the Tier process (performing as an Automation Business Partner to a manufacturing facility) and proactively resolving technical issues before they impact the business priorities.
- Maximize performance through continuous improvement initiatives and other relevant project support.
- Ensure compliance with and maintenance of SOP's and technical documentation e.g. Change Management, Incident Problem Management, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), System Development Life-cycle/Computer Systems Validation (SDLC/CSV), Safety, Data integrity and Cyber Security.
- Leads in installing and placing new/upgraded equipment into operations. Develops solutions for automation problems.
- Oversees investigations of automation anomalies to prevent recurrence.
- Participates in audits and training programs in the area of responsibility.
- Evaluates automated and information technology systems, and develops strategies to optimize and ensure quality and stability of automation systems through future expansion, replacement, or upgrade.
- Degree or 3rd Level Qualification (Engineering/Science) discipline or equivalent.
- Desirable to have qualification/experience in Project Management.
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Very Strong Collaboration and Communication Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- At least 4 Years experience with Automation and IT systems.
- Extensive technical, operational and business expertise in the following disciplines:
- DeltaV DCS Systems
- PLC / SCADA / BMS Systems (e.g. Siemens, InTouch, Desigo)
- Data Historian Systems (e.g. OSI PI)
- Computer Systems Validation
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (Electronic Batch Records e.g. Werum Pas-X)
- Computer Systems Validation
- Instrumentation/Automation & Control
- Control System/Shopfloor/Network Integration
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues in a team environment, and with vendors, contractors and external customers
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Vendor and Contractor management
- Demonstrable analytical and systematic problem solving skills
- Ability to liaise with above-site networked/matrixed Automation & IT functions.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Lean Six Sigma, Instrumentation, Engineering, Science, Management