Automated Cage Wash Attendant - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Based on laboratory schedule prioritize, and sanitize animal cages, racks, feeders, bottles and sippers, according to S.O.P.’s, using the automated cage wash machines.
- Perform daily routine maintenance checks on the automated cage wash machines.
- Record all required tasks on relevant logbook records accurately and completely.
- Based on laboratory study schedule prioritize and prepare preparation of appropriate housing for receipt of new animals.
- Report the need for equipment repair (cages, racks, cage wash machines, etc.) to the appropriate personnel.
- Lubricate rack wheels after being washed.
- Ensure preparation of feed jars for washing, including discarding of old feed.
- Clean cage wash area. Maintain a clean cage wash area.
- Ensure that storage areas are maintained in an organized fashion.
- Receive, store, and distribute animal husbandry supplies. Report low inventory to supervisor.
- Secure cage wash area and compressor room at the end of the day.
- Sanitize floors, walls, and other surfaces in the automatic cage wash area.
- Assist with Animal Care technical duties such as changing liners and sanitizing animal room walls and floors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.