- Our company is located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes.
- The RDC – Europe will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across company business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
- The AtR General Ledger Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the transactions of all the markets that the RDC support have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect company’s accounting process.
- The objective of this role is to work closely with Local Finance Teams to ensure that the accounting records:
- accurately reflect the results of the associated business process,
- are in line with US GAAP and
- comply with respective local statutory and tax requirements.
- This role enables the RDC AtR function to partner with its Finance and Business counterparts to ensure that business objectives are sufficiently met.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise general ledger activities and analysis inclusive of period end financial close responsibilities for Europe
- Manage across General Ledger and other AtR sub-process activities (Fixed Assets and Cash and Investments)
- Ensure that all transactions are correctly reflected in the ledger on a country basis
- Direct accurate and timely period reporting that complies with Corporate and country requirements
- Administer monthly Account Reconciliation processes on a timely basis and adhering to all corporate standards and guidelines
- Champion opportunities for streamlining and rendering service delivery more efficiently, and leading process improvement projects
- Coordinate with team members to effectively distribute workload and increase exposure to multiple finance and business disciplines within the company.
- Approve the period-end financial packages and the Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Continue to meet S404 Requirements including performing and enhancing internal controls, and maintaining up-to-date documentation
- Maintain a strong control environment around financial and operational processes, and external business relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a shared service department of a multinational company including demonstrated experience in dealing with ex-US accounting
- Professional experience at an organization managing both local and US GAAP requirements required
- Business-level English language skills (speaking and writing) required
- Experience using SAP desired
- Knowledge of local GAAP / IFRS required
- Management and supervisory experience required, preferably in a shared service environment
- Robust knowledge of the legal and fiscal reporting and Finance and Controlling processes (IFRS)
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
- Solid experience leading change initiatives
- Knowledge of business processes supported by transaction processing capabilities
- Ability to work independently, capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and organization skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management required
- Ability to build, lead, and manage an effective team of highly-qualified and culturally diverse professionals
- Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
- Ability to remain focused and lead through change or uncertainty
- Strong customer service mind-set
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Accounting, ERP, Manager, SAP, Business Process, Finance, Technology, Management