AtR Fixed Asset Analyst, Regional Delivery Center – Europe Job - Czechia
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – Europe in Prague, Czech Republic will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
The AtR Fixed Asset Analyst will record the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), track existing fixed assets, record depreciation, and account for the disposition of fixed assets in our Czech RDC. In addition, the Analyst will have to perform fixed asset accounts reconciliation to the General Ledger. The objective of this role is to work closely with Finance to ensure that the accounting records: (i) accurately reflect the results of the associated business process, (ii) are in line with US GAAP and (iii) comply with respective local statutory and tax requirements.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide support across Fixed Assets and other AtR sub-process activities
• Perform Fixed Assets Roll forward
• Produce accurate and timely period reporting that comply with corporate and local requirements
• Maintain an accurate and current accounting ledger through timely posting of all required items
• Comply with monthly and quarterly SOX Controls including Aged CIP/AuC Analysis and Capitalized Interest Calculation, Amortization and Forecasting
• Actively participate in the Month-end/Quarter-end and Year-end close to meet the deadlines
• Seek out opportunities for streamlining and rendering service delivery more efficiently, and participate in special projects to support the AtR Shared Services
• Support all audit requests and ensure all financial controls are executed appropriately
• Work closely with other team members to effectively manage workload and gain exposure to multiple finance and business disciplines within MSD
• Work closely with local market representatives to effectively manage workload and support local market
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a shared service department of a multinational company including demonstrated experience in dealing with ex-US accounting
• Business-level English language skills (speaking and writing) required
• Experience using SAP ERP system
• Experience with local GAAP / IFRS desired
• Experience with US GAAP environments
• Experience with balance sheet reconciliations
• Experience working with global cultures
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
• Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
• Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
Technical Skills Requirements
• SAP skills desired JDE skills welcome
• Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
Physical Position Requirements
• Prague, Czech Republic
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Shared Services Job Title:AtR Fixed Asset Analyst, Regional Delivery Center – Europe
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: ERP, Accounting, SAP, Animal Health, Technology, Finance, Veterinary