- Our company is located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – Europe will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across the company business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
- The AtR General Ledger Analyst will be accountable and responsible for ensuring that the transactions of all the markets that the RDC support have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect Merck’s accounting process.
- The objective of this role is to work closely with Local Finance Teams to ensure that the accounting records:
- accurately reflect the results of the associated business process,
- are in line with US GAAP and
- comply with respective local statutory and tax requirements
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide general ledger support and analysis inclusive of period end financial close responsibilities for Europe
- Provide support across General Ledger and other AtR sub-process activities (Fixed Assets and Cash and Investments)
- Maintain an accurate and current accounting ledger which reflects the country's transactional reality through timely posting of all required items
- Ensure that all transactions are correctly reflected in the ledger on a country basis
- Ensure accurate and timely period reporting that complies with Corporate and country requirements
- Responsible for monthly Account Reconciliation processes on a timely basis and adhering to all corporate standards and guidelines
- Actively identify opportunities for streamlining and rendering service delivery more efficiently, and participating in special projects
- Work closely with other team members to effectively manage workload and gain exposure to multiple finance and business disciplines
- Review and sign off of the final financial package and the Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Continue to meet S404 Requirements including performing and enhancing internal controls, and maintaining up-to-date documentation
- Maintain a strong control environment around financial and operational processes, and external business relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a finance or accounting department of a multinational company including demonstrated
- Business-level English language skills (speaking and writing)
- Experience using SAP and JDE desired
- Experience with local GAAP / IFRS desired
- Experience with US GAAP desired
- Experience with balance sheet reconciliations
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
- SAP or JDE Experience desired
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
- Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
- Works effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under pressure and with a high degree of professionalism
- Team player with focus on collaboration
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 7
Job Segment: ERP, Accounting, SAP, Technology, Finance