Associate Vice President, External Manufacturing Operations - Drug Product Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Manage supply from 38 Contract Manufacturers supplying 867 SKU– achieve World Class Supply performance in Service, Compliance, Cost for non-sterile drug product, packaging and devices.
- Lead a team of 25-35 Operations Managers to manage supply, compliance and cost
- Lead the cross functional team of Operations, Quality, Technology, Procurement to manage all aspects of supply
- Develop and execute the CMO “footprint strategy”
- Execute all new product launches and technology transfers on time without issues
- Develop a risk management process, continuously assess and mitigate supply and compliance risks
- Responsible for all aspects of 3rd party risk – including EHS, bribery/corruption, labor, etc.
- Exhibit a high level of financial compliance and financial stewardship
- Develop an industry-leading team of operations managers
- Drive productivity and discard reduction
- Drive improvements in service, lead time, inventory
- Maintain a high level of GMP compliance across the network of external suppliers
- Collaborate with SCM, upstream and downstream sites to optimize product flow
- Interface with CMO Business Leaders as needed to resolve issues and to create business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferred) or Science.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years in pharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
- Experience managing complex pharmaceutical facilities.
- Technical skills and experience in several drug product processes.
- Strong business acumen – able to create win-win with 3rd parties
- Good understanding of Supply Chain principles – drive improvements in service, lead time, inventory
- Lean Manufacturing and scientific problem solving skills
- Must have strong demonstrated interpersonal, communication, negotiation, persuasion and leadership skills in dealing with a broad variety of cultures on non-routine matters in stressful situations. Able to handle organizational complexity and ambiguity
- Must have exemplary people/team leadership experience, including leading and motivating teams. Experienced in establishing performance metrics and holding people accountable for results.
- Travel = 30%
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Plant(s) Manager
Job Title:AVP, Plant Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Industrial, Engineer, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering