Associate Statistical Programmer, Health Technology Assessment - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- We have an exciting global opportunity for an Associate Statistical Programmer, Health Technology Assessment- Bio-statistics and Research Decision Sciences to join our team, based in Kings Cross.
- The Associate Statistical Programmer, Health Technology Assessment, will report to the Associate Director, Statistical Programming and will be part of Bio-statistics and Research Decision Sciences (BARDS) organization which has a presence in the US, EU and AP.
- We are looking for someone who would like to work for a multinational Pharmaceutical company , and they wish to build and advance their career while working on projects with increasing level of challenges and responsibilities within our well-known Bio-statistics and Research Decision Sciences organisation.
The BARDS organization
- The Biostatistics and Research Decision Sciences (BARDS) organization has a proud record of providing comprehensive analytical and methodological expertise to support company's strategic goals. BARDS applies the highest ethical business practices and encourages a work ethic based on open and honest interpretation and communication of results.
- The BARDS Center of Excellence supporting Health Technology Assessment (HTA) dossiers is located in Europe.
- This Center of Excellence consists of one team of Statisticians and Statistical Programmers based across its Uk and Belgium sites.
- It provides support to the Center for Observational and Real World-Evidence (CORE), within Merck Research Laboratories.
- BARDS scientists are skilled in a range of technical and scientific disciplines including research design methodology, statistical theory and methods, mathematics, computer science and health technology assessments. The organization is comprised of various functional areas which collectively are organized to provide support across all divisions of company’s spanning product discovery through manufacturing and marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Be part of project teams and will be supporting analysis and reporting on HTA projects. HTA projects supported by the team will consist in (re-)using clinical trial data to derive HTA analysis data-sets and deliver Tables, Figures and Listings (TFLs) in support of HTA dossiers.
- Collaborate with more senior programmers and the HTA statisticians to gather and interpret the requirements.
- Access and gather the required data before transforming them into HTA analysis data-sets.
- Ensure efficient and SOP compliant delivery of flexible FTLs reporting tools mostly using the SAS programming macro language.
- BSc Degree in an analytical field (Statistics, Computer Science, Life Sciences or related fields).
- Understanding of statistical terminology and concepts.
- Passion for programming, interest for clinical data.
- Strong analytical mind-set with high level of accountability for quality, compliance and timelines.
- Attention to detail.
- Team oriented, able to thrive in virtual team environments.
- Ability and interest to work across cultures in an international environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively learn new programming techniques, database structures;
- Proven interest or knowledge of computer systems, software development lifecycles, and clinical database systems as well as reporting systems in a statistical environment.
- Basic understanding of statistics, clinical and data management concepts as applied to drug development within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- SAS programming experience including data steps, procedures and SAS/MACRO.
- Unix operating system experience; Oracle SQL experience; systems and database experience.
- Knowledge in CDISC SDTM and ADaM standards.
- Prior exposure/experience of SAS statistical programming preferably in clinical trial environments for safety and efficacy reporting.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.