Associate Specialist, RNA Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform highly technical laboratory procedures and train/assist others in advanced procedures for the production of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines. Must have the ability to assist in all areas of the production of RNA (RP) Particle Vaccine products manufactured in a USDA licensed facility.
Work activities include but are not limited to:
- Use and maintain chromatography equipment/FPLC
- Troubleshoot and repair lab equipment
- Proficient in molecular biology lab techniques
- RNA Transcription and purification
- Electrophoresis and spectrophotometry
- Writing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures(SOP)
- Training new employees in departmental procedure
- Manage day-to-day schedule
- Work independently; self-directed
- Proficient in aseptic techniques
- Maintains production records according to regulations
- Updates training record as needed
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have 2 years relevant lab experience.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Must demonstrate good Communication skills (Verbal, Written), Math and Computer skills including the ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook.
- US Drivers License
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Relevant work experience in Manufacturing environment
- Ability to learn and utilize SAP and complete appropriate transactions
- Ability to undertake special projects as assigned by Supervisor
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-IA-Ames
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: Bleach, Sodium Hydroxide
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Ames
Nearest Secondary Market: Des Moines
Job Segment: ERP, Laboratory, SAP, Scientific, Veterinarian, Technology, Science, Engineering, Veterinary