Associate Specialist, Engineering CAD & Document Control Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Associate Specialist, Engineering CAD & Document Control will fill a new role at the Elkhorn facility in support and development of the site’s Engineering Drawing and Document Control System. The position will be responsible for developing a Document and Drawing Control System to support the investment and regulatory environment. The Associate Specialist will also be responsible for administering the Engineering Change Control system, and driving CAPA completion for the Engineering and Maintenance Department.
The Associate Specialist , Engineering CAD & Document Control will work across the facility to update as-built drawings, and research equipment arrangement. Involvement in new and renovation projects, development of drawing standards, and working with other sites to establish cross-site collaboration will also be an important function of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, Specify, and Manage a Drawing Management System upgrade project.
- Maintain and support the Drawing Management System.
- Maintain and drive the Engineering Change Control and Quality CAPA initiative.
- Maintain Control System and Computerized system back-up and Retention Archive.
- Support Engineering and Maintenance Projects with concept drawing development.
- Assess existing areas to develop and update as-built drawings.
- Collect, store, and promote availability of Equipment Manuals and Files.
- Open and track Change Controls through the project life cycle.
- Provide input for User Requirement Specifications to support project and change control activities.
- Support Commissioning, Qualification, and Validation related to Drawings and Documents.
- Train user groups on the efficient and effective use of Drawing and Document retention systems.
- Develop and update SOPs for Drawing and Document Retention.
- 2 year degree for Computer Aided Design.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
- Minimum 2 year experience in CAD.
- Experience with Change Control systems.
- Good written and verbal communicator.
- High degree of ownership and pride in successfully completing initiatives.
- Ability to use various hand held measuring devices.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on a limited basis.
- Climb stairs and ladders to access equipment components.
- Ability to work at a computer to accomplish requirements above.
- Capable of working in unconditioned spaces at times.
- Very Limited off shift work may be required to meet project, operations, and qualification needs.
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Engineering Generic
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, CAD, Document Control, CAPA, Engineer, Engineering, Administrative, Management