Associate Specialist, Chargeback Analyst Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck’s Customer Contract Management team is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our finance team as a Chargeback Analyst. The Chargeback Analyst is a key member of the account team, playing an active and critical role in supporting Merck’s customer centric business model. The Analyst works closely with Merck’s external customers and internal contracting teams, across the full portfolio of Pharmaceutical and Vaccine products, developing an understanding of the value Merck’s portfolio brings to patients, physicians, insurers, hospitals, and other healthcare stakeholders. The ideal analyst is a self-directed problem solver, who takes ownership of driving sustainable solutions within his/her book of business.
Primary Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides analytical support for:
- Adjudication of indirect contract sales claims (chargebacks)
- Validation & investigation of chargeback claims with distributors
- Reconciliation & recovery of chargeback deductions
- Within select customer accounts, acts as primary point of contact for pricing, meeting with key customers to understand processes and work through pricing issues.
- Collaborates with external customers and internal stakeholders to ensure claims are adjudicated in accordance with contract terms and standard operating procedures
- Identifies and implements process improvements. Shares learning and best-practices to help meet customer needs
- Ensures the highest levels of data integrity, customer service, and value to Merck’s customers
This is an office-based position that is located in West Point, PA.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS/BA degree required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Prior work or internship experience in sales, customer service, training, teaching, finance, accounting, or technology fields
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- A personable team player with strong communication skills
- A self-starter with the ability to solve complex problems
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand data and draw conclusions
- Attention to details, high aptitude for compliance and transactional excellence
- Business acumen
- Experience using Excel that includes the ability to analyze spreadsheets
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Fin/Bus Cntrls & Audit Generic
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Fin.Processes & Control
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Claims, Intern, Pharmaceutical Sales, Pharmaceutical, Contract Manager, Insurance, Entry Level, Sales, Science, Legal