Associate Scientist, Technical Service - Household Care, NA - United States
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Household Care & Technical Industries, you will take part in providing game-changing biological solutions that improve industrial processes and everyday products from textiles to detergents.
Associate Scientist, Technical Service – Household Care, NA
Do you want to work in an environment in which creativity, business drive and scientific excellence all thrive? If so, you could be our new colleague in Household Care Technical Service at our North American headquarters in Franklinton, North Carolina.
The Household Care industry is a strategically important area for Novozymes, and we have an exciting opening for an Associate Scientist in our Technical Service organization. This position is responsible for supporting a robust pipeline of commercial opportunities, primarily in the laundry and dish care categories. As a member of the innovation team, you will be on the cutting edge of developing and commercializing new technologies. If you have passion for making a big impact by conducting laboratory studies and leading projects while working directly with customers to bring new products to market, this is a great opportunity for you!
In this position, you need to have:
• MS degree with scientific background in core area -or- BS degree with 4+ years of directly related experience and scientific background in core area
• Broad laboratory skills and proven ability to excel in laboratory environment (e.g R&D)
• Ability to work independently, develop experimental plans, and prioritize and meet project goals
• Good interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and strong customer engagement
• Demonstrated success in attention to detail, taking initiative, collaboration, time management, and displaying the needed sense of urgency.
• Average travel below 10%, with occasional peaks up to 20-30%.
Additional experience in the following areas is a plus:
• Familiarity with cleaning products or product formulations
• Experience in applied laboratory research with microbials or enzymes
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: August 30, 2017