This job is currently Archived,
(Associate) Scientist - Team Leader CMC Analytics - Belgium
Posted on : 09 April 2017
- The Analytics group of the CMC Pharmaceutical Development & Technology Department at our company is looking for an experienced (Associate) Scientist that will be part of the team responsible for the in depth analysis of the quality and stability of lead Nano bodies during pre-clinical and clinical development.
- The successful candidate will head a small team of (senior) research associates and will be responsible for the planning, coordination, follow-up and reporting of assigned project activities.
- Responsible for the research approach and results of an interdepartmental team within the scope of assigned project activities
- People management: drives recruitment of level (senior) research associate and below, training, development and performance management
- Uses state-of-the-art equipment to develop and/or run various analytical methods including (U)HPLC, UV- and fluorescence spectroscopy, iso-electric focusing (IEF), DLS, DSC, MFI, MALS, osmolality and viscosity measurements, endotoxin testing, …
- Applies these techniques in stability studies, stress testing and the development of stable formulations
- Applies these methods to control the quality and consistency of Nanobody productions and thereby assist in the development of a large-scale manufacturing process for a specific lead Nanobody
- Performs physico-chemical characterization of Nano bodies, identifies product variants and investigates degradation pathways
- Reports about the results and progress to the line manager, project team, project leader and/or external parties in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides strategic guidance where needed
- Prepares high level reports, summaries, manuscripts and other documents as appropriate
The candidate should:
- Hold a PhD. in Biology, Biotechnology, (Bio)Chemistry, Pharmacology or equivalent
- Have experience in physico-chemical analysis of biologicals and knowledge of different analytical techniques used for release and stability testing. Experience in Biotech/Pharma is a plus
- Have excellent communication skills (fluent in English, written and spoken)
- Demonstrate proven organizational and coordination skills
- Have proven leadership and managerial skills
- Have sense for initiative, quality, accuracy and detail
- Have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Be a team player, enthusiastic and flexible