Associate Scientist - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
Department Marketing Statement
Charles River is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 11,000 employees throughout 70 facilities in 16 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services. At Charles River, we take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health. Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking new graduates to join our Biology team and to be part of our new Graduate training program at our Cambridge, UK laboratories. This job is also a learning and development opportunity. In addition to possessing the skills listed below, the candidate will begin to expand their skill set, learn about the drug discovery process and make wider project contributions. You should be driven by a desire to provide excellent customer service through conducting duties such as carrying out biochemical or cell based assays, analysing and reporting the data generated and troubleshooting basic assay issues.
- Degree level University or College course in Life Science subject or equivalent
- Experience in industry would be advantageous i.e sandwich placement or vacation work experience
- A passion for science; a willingness to learn more about the drug discovery process and awareness of the relevant scientific literature and contemporary laboratory practices.
- Good communication skills; these will be essential for working in a matrix environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills alongside an inbuilt flexibility to adapt to change
- To be an effective team player; to collaborate effectively with your peers
- Excellent attention to detail; getting it right the first time and quality control are at the heart of what we do
- The ability to work to deadlines and a positive “can do” approach to their work.
In return, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a diverse range of global organizations across multiple therapeutic areas
- Be part of a rapidly developing, multi-disciplinary team who are
- dedicated to partnering with our clients to develop quality candidate molecules
- supportive of each other every step of the way
- Work in our newly appointed laboratories based on a countryside science park close to Cambridge city centre
- Recieve a fair financial package- which includes company pension contributions and the option for private medical and dental insurance