This job is currently Archived,
(Associate) Scientist or Senior Technician (Technology development) - Netherlands
Posted on : 08 June 2017
We are looking for a (Associate) Scientist or Senior Technician (Technology development)
- We are looking for a new team member to work on the cell culture-based validation of new RNA-targeting oligonucleotide technologies.
- You will join our innovative technology development team that works on establishing new therapeutic platform technologies for a range of different disease indications. The work is mainly lab-based, so we expect you to have a proven track-record of meticulous and precise day-to-day lab work.
- You will work together with other scientists and technicians on state-of-the-art approaches, so being motivated by scientific and technical challenges is essential.
- You should be able to independently move from planning to experimentation, have good troubleshooting skills, and report promptly and accurately.
- Oligonucleotide screening in cell culture
- Analyze oligonucleotide localization in subcellular compartments
- Immunohistochemistry in cell and tissue samples
- Design, plan and execute (a series of) experiments
- Analyze experiments and prepare data reports
- Keep up to date with the scientific/technical developments and improve methods accordingly
- BS/MSc/PhD in biochemistry, genetics or a related field
- Min. 4 years of experience of day-to-day lab work in an industrial/academic setting
- Expertise in intracellular trafficking, organelles, and cell biology of the nucleus
- Essential technical skills (required):
- Confocal microscopy, including quantitative (e.g. segmentation) image analysis
- Western blotting, ELISA and other enzymatic assays, protein expression and purification
- Molecular cloning, RNA and DNA extraction, quantitative RNA analysis methods
- Culturing and transfecting cell lines and primary cells
- Desirable technical skills (not required but advantageous):
- Experience with NextGen sequencing platforms
- Interest in bioinformatics and structural biology; basic knowledge of programming languages (e.g. C, Python)
- Experience with RNA-protein interactions
- Experience with oligonucleotide therapies
- Essential soft skills:
- Excellent writing and communication skills (English)
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player; and overall, a nice person!
- Flexibility to function well within a team environment, condensed timelines, and fast-changing priorities
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- We offer an exciting and innovative working environment within a very committed start-up organization, great colleagues, a competitive salary, and a lot of fun.
- Do you want to be part of our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals?
- Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission?
- Do you want to work in challenging environment where your work can really make a difference?
- If so, we’re looking forward to receive your application by filling out our application form