Associate Scientist - Oncology In Vivo Pharmacology - Belgium
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world and employs more than 4,000 professionals in Belgium. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Associate Scientist will join the Oncology in vivo group efforts in the pharmacological characterization and development of small molecules and biologics including those that function as immune modulators for the treatment of cancer. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Design, execute and interpret complex in vivo studies for the validation and characterization of targets or therapeutic agents in the areas of oncology and tumor immunology
Establish and perform in vivo model development, target inhibition, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic/ pharmacodynamics (PK/ PD) biomarker studies in rodents
May perform bioluminescent imaging studies using molecular reporters or disseminated/ metastatic disease models
May contribute to ex vivo analysis of tumor or immune cells by FACS, IHC, ELISA, RT-PCR, or Luminex
Occasional weekend, evening, and holiday dosing/ animal monitoring required
Manage multiple in vivo experiments simultaneously
Analyze and present data in a clear presentation ready format
Contribute to various projects outside of his/her own, collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions, and keep up-to-date in the literature related to his/her field
Act as an expert resource on project teams, and demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication
- Hiring level will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/ BA) or equivalent (upper school/non-university) in the life sciences (molecular/ cellular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, tumor immunology) with at least 4-8 years of relevant pharmaceutical or biotech industry/ lab/ academic experience OR a Master’s degree (MS) with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Cell culture of cancer or immune cells is required.
- Experience with oncology relevant rodent models - xenografts and syngeneic models are required; primary grafts, orthotopic models, humanized models, or genetically engineered tumor models are preferred.
- Must have experience with small molecules and/or biologics.
- Strong skills in tumor implantation techniques and dosing (po, iv, ip, routes), tumor measurement, health monitoring, and data collection and analysis are required.
- Experience with bioluminescent imaging, FACS, IHC, ELISA, RT-PCR, Westerns, or Luminex® is desirable.
- Ability to effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams is required, and experience presenting at external meetings is desirable.
- Experience in writing technical drafts for IND (US-FDA) or CTA (EMA) filings is preferred.
- Working fluency in English
- Accreditation or Certification of Regularization by Federation of European Laboratory Animal Science Associations (FELASA), or similar foreign certification
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)