Associate Scientist, MSAT Purification (Temporary) - Ireland
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- We will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- We are a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
- The individual will be focusing on small-scale protein purification activities in the MSAT laboratory to support process characterization, trouble-shooting of manufacturing issues, and continuous process improvement activities.
- The candidate must have experience in bio-processing, and more specifically with purification by chromatography such as affinity, size exclusion and ion-exchange.
- This individual must be competent with analytical techniques typical for a manufacturing sciences lab supporting the manufacturing of recombinant proteins, as well as with analysis and interpretation of data.
- The candidate will be involved in various projects that involve presenting data to collaborators and will assist in writing memos, protocols and reports by organizing data and observations.
- Knowledgeable in protein science and in protein purification technologies.
- Run the purification operations of a laboratory scale downstream process for a recombinant enzyme active ingredient.
- Test samples from the downstream process for identity and purity.
- Provide technical support for ongoing manufacturing protein purification processes.
- Participate in providing manufacturing with critical information necessary for maintaining consistent product supply, now and in the future.
- Participate in monitoring production processes.
- Participate in the diagnosis and resolution of production problems.
- Participate in maintaining scale-down models of downstream production processes.
- Participate in testing the feasibility of new manufacturing processes.
- Participate in the execution of small-scale validation studies.
- Effective execution of experiments and basic problem solving.
- Thorough documentation of experiments and results.
- Ability to perform data analysis and interpret and present results.
- Ability to solve moderately complex issues independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with good organizational skills.
- Interface with Process Sciences, Manufacturing, Quality, Validation, Quality Control, and Facilities Services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use computer systems effectively as work requires.
- Ability to work effectively in groups.
- Adhere to all site safety, environmental and industrial hygiene procedures and practices.
- Play an active role in maintaining and enhancing the safety of the workplace and the laboratories.
- May be required to work periodically out of normal business hours
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline or biopharmaceutical engineering with 2-5 years relevant purification experience in process development or Manufacturing Sciences, or Master's degree with 1-3 years experience.
- Minimum of 1 year bio-pharmaceutical experience in purification.
Laboratory work and manufacturing support activities will require the use or proximity of chemicals, laboratory and manufacturing equipment and instruments, and mechanical moving parts. Noise and vibration may be present.Periodic week-end laboratory work and/or on call support will be required on a team rotation basis.
- Equipment related to cell culture and/or purification, as well as analytical instruments typical in biopharmaceutical labs and manufacturing
- Quality and Validation
- Quality Control
- Process Sciences
- Facilities Services
- This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position.
- It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.