Associate Scientist III, Analytical Chemistry, Protein Characterization - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
This position requires an individual to perform biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins by mass spectrometry, chromatography and other analytical methods to support various research projects. This individual will also assist in analytical instrument maintenance and lab management.
- The candidate should have excellent analytical laboratory and instrumentation skills, be self-motivated and well-organized.
- Experience in working with low levels of samples and with analytical instrumentation, such as HPLC systems and mass spectrometers, is highly desirable.
- Experience with LC/MS is highly desirable
A BS/MS in Biochemistry, Analytical chemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related field, with 2-8 years experience in protein characterization, is required.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
Job Segment: Analytics, Chemistry, Scientific, Biochemistry, Scientist, Management, Science, Engineering