Associate Scientist II - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Scientist II for our Discovery site located in Worcester, MA.
This position will be involved in all aspects of studies supporting the bioanalysis of drug molecules in multiple matrices. The position is hands-on, working in close cooperation with and under the guidance of more senior staff members in a fast-paced environment where a commitment to teamwork, quality data and speed is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Independently perform routine procedures for sample preparation and analysis.
- With minimum guidance, perform non-routine procedures for sample preparation and analysis.
- Understand and use analytical instrumentation for routine work.
- Troubleshoot analytical instrumentation with the guidance of senior staff.
- Identify and report difficulties with various aspects of extraction / analysis
- Ensure that raw data records are accurate, complete, and in appropriate order.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Associate Scientist II position.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent, preferably in a scientific related discipline.
- Experience: Two to four years related experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment, and preferably also with experience performing bioanalysis by LC-MS/MS
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities. Written and verbal communication skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines under minimal direction. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet