Associate Scientist II, Technical Development - United States
|External Posting Title||Associate Scientist II, Technical Development|
|Job Description||Biogen is presently looking to fill an Associate Engineer or Engineer I position within its Gene Therapy BioProcess Development department. Candidate must be motivated and innovative with exceptional analytical and communication skills.|
1) Assist with experimental design and execute laboratory experiments with minimal guidance
2) Perform independent data recording and analysis
3) Troubleshoot in-lab activities
4) Work with small and large scale operations depending on need
5) Document development work in concise reports and provide project updates in written and oral presentations
6) Support maintenance tasks and new technology evaluations for laboratory instrumentation; interact with outside vendors / suppliers
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Technical Development|
|Qualifications||1) Proven record of successfully planning and executing projects and experiments|
2) Strong analytical skills
3) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4) Knowledge and experience in mammalian cell culture / viral vector production operations (aseptic operations, cell biology, biochemistry, analytical techniques, bioreactor operations)
5) Knowledge and experience in large scale bioreactor operations
7) Strong organizational skills and ability to plan & execute in-lab tasks
8) Skilled in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other tools. Knowledge of statistical software applications, including DoE, is a plus
9) Knowledge and experience with viral vector related biology a plus
|Education||Bioengineering, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related discipline:|
• Associate Engineer - B.S. with 0-3 years’ experience, or
• Engineer I - B.S. with 3+ years’ experience in the Biotech / Biopharm industry
• Other relevant expertise in Science or Engineering will be considered.
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientific, Chemical Research, Developer, Science, Engineering, Technology