Associate Scientist II – In Vitro - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Scientist II – In Vitro for our Discovery site located in Worcester, MA.
This position will help optimize and perform a variety of in vitro screening assays. These assays will be both enzymatic and cell-based, focusing on characterizing the ADME properties of drug candidate compounds. The lab procedures will be performed either manually or using automated liquid handling equipment. Responsibilities will also include assay optimization; data analysis and reporting; keeping Study Directors updated; performing data QC. The position requires attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple activities in fast-paced work environment.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Associate Scientist II – In Vitro position.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- ≥3 years (Associate’s) or ≥ 1 year (Bachelor‘s) related laboratory experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or CRO organization.
- Strong organizational skills, familiarity with laboratory procedures.
- Good verbal and written documentation skills.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office and general lab-related software.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet