Associate Scientist I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently perform routine procedures for sample preparation and analysis.
- With minimum guidance, perform non-routine procedures for sample preparation and analysis.
- Understand and use analytical instrumentation for routine work.
- Troubleshoot analytical instrumentation with the guidance of senior staff.
- Identify and report difficulties with various aspects of extraction / analysis
- Ensure that raw data records are accurate, complete, and in appropriate order.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline.
- Experience: One to three years related laboratory experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and the Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines under minimal direction.
- Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations.
- Proficiency in the use of analytical instrumentation software.