Associate Scientist I, Process Chemistry - United States
- Our company seeks a highly motivated process chemist ready to function in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- The hired candidate will be involved in process development, scale-up, purification and characterization of small molecules to support advancement of our company’s small molecule pipeline.
- Work with a Scientist to design synthetic organic experiments, perform them independently and efficiently to develop scalable process with the goal to tech transfer to a commercial site.
- Closely monitor reactions in automated reactor platforms using a variety of analytical techniques and identify critical reaction variables to have impact on scalability and purification.
- Develop efficient purification method including workup, distillation and crystallization.
- A strong work ethic is vital to meet aggressive process development and production timeline.
- Author process research report and present scientific findings to the group.
- Maintain an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Have scientific curiosity.
- Give attention to detail in performing experiments and keeping an electronic lab notebook.
- Have good interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Have a collaborative mindset and be able to work as part of a team.
- Have a teachable spirit and a willingness to learn.
- Prefer to keep a neat and tidy lab bench and will always be mindful of working safely.
- Good knowledge of reaction mechanism.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multi-step synthetic organic chemistry.
- Hands on experience with instrumental analysis using TLC, NMR, HPLC, LCMS, GC and KF.
- Experience with a broad range of synthetic and purification techniques.
- Have experience with Microsoft Office products; experience with ChemDraw.
- Knowledge of PAT technology (React IR, FBRM, PVM) desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of statistical software (JMP, Design Expert) desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of flow chemistry desirable but not required.
BS in synthetic chemistry with 0-2 yrs experience.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Scientific, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Intern, Scientist, Engineering, Science, Entry Level