Associate Scientist I, Manufacturing Sciences - United States
|External Posting Title||Associate Scientist I, Manufacturing Sciences|
|Job Description||***Please note that a strong candidate has been identified for this position***|
The Associate Scientist Level I, Materials Science will provide global support within Manufacturing Sciences labs along with delivering raw material technical expertise to the clinical and commercial internal manufacturing campaigns globally. As appropriate, responsibilities include:
• Support the development of analytical methods for the characterization of raw materials and support commercial operations in collecting and managing raw material samples for characterization and routine monitoring.
• Serve as a technical Subject Matter Expert on raw material analytical data trending and have a leadership role in managing data trends between suppliers and Biogen.
• Global technical support for technology transfer teams, technical improvement projects, and technical process investigations as needed specific to the raw materials used in those programs.
• Global support for extractable and leachable assessments for single use systems used in manufacturing and new single use system technologies.
• Execution of raw material risk assessment plans, including studies to assess their consistency and stability prior to qualification for commercial manufacturing.
• Support technical investigations towards raw material impact assessments, vendor change notifications and ensure timely completion and communications.
• Support technology transfer of raw material monitoring by conducting/coordinating laboratory experiments and providing decisions for manufacturing implementation. Capable of clearly communicating data analysis.
|Location||Research Triangle Park, NC, US|
• Technical understanding of manufacturing processes both cell culture and purification to assess the impact of raw materials on those manufacturing processes.
• Process engineering skills and the ability to assess analytical methods and their suitability for intended purpose of the raw materials which are supplied to Biogen.
• Organizational skills suitable for management of multiple priorities and support Quality systems and processes.
• Comfortable analyzing scientific datasets and experience with process analytics and chemometric strategies for data analysis.
• Good communication and project management skills appropriate for execution of projects with other raw material stakeholders such as Technical Development and Engineering.
• Knowledge and understanding of cGMPs and other relevant regulatory standards.
|Education||BA/BS Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or Chemical Engineering + 0.5-1 yrs relevant experience|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
One of the pioneers in biotechnology, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 90 countries. Our global headquarters and R&D operations are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with an international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, world-class manufacturing facilities in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA and Hillerod, Denmark, and affiliate locations around the world.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
For nearly two decades Biogen has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world. Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease. We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. As we uncover new insights into human biology, Biogen is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
Biogen is revolutionizing biologics manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes. This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and biosimilars that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientific, Chemical Research, Biomedical Engineering, Science, Engineering