Associate Scientist I/II, Raw Material Analytical Characterization - United States
|External Posting Title||Associate Scientist I/II, Raw Material Analytical Characterization|
|Job Description||Biogen is looking to fill an Associate Scientist position within its Raw Material Analytical Characterization team within the Protein Cell Culture Development department. Candidate must be motivated to conduct routine and non-routine analytical characterization of various raw materials used in cell culture processes and develop or optimize associated analytical methods. |
|Location||Research Triangle Park, NC, US|
|Job Category||Technical Development|
• Knowledge and experience in executing various laboratory analytical methods and managing data and results.
• Experience in maintaining laboratory instrumentation, related accessories, and expendables.
• Knowledge and experience with Lab Information Systems (LIMS) such as LabWare.
• Knowledge and experience with conventional analytical lab instrumentation such HPLC, spectroscopy, ICP-MS, and physical property instruments and methods.
• Strong academic and industrial experience in applied analytical chemistry.
• Proficiency basic statistics and its application.
• Proficiency in data processing software such as Origin Pro, Excel, Matlab, or JMP.
• Proficiency in data management and reporting of analytical results in various data systems such as LIMS.
• Proficiency and detailed oriented in processing, accessing, and reviewing various analytical data and results.
• Knowledge and experience in analytical method development and technical transfer is a plus.
• Knowledge or experience in characterizing raw materials in particular cell media raw materials is a plus.
• Effective verbal and written communication and technical collaboration skills
• Technical proficiency and creativity.
• Effective time management and prioritization skills.
• Knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or related industry is strongly preferred.
|Education||Chemistry, Material Science, or related discipline:|
• B.S. with 0-3 years in the Biotech, Biopharma, pharmaceutical, chemical, food or related industries.
• Analytical chemist is strongly preferred.
• Other relevant Scientific or Engineering backgrounds will be considered.
|About Biogen||Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia. |
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Scientific, Analytics, Biotech, Chemical Research, Science, Engineering, Management