This job is currently Archived,
(Associate) Scientist Exploratory Pharmacology - TEMP 1y Ghent Belgium,
Posted on : 23 June 2017
- We re offering a temporary full time position for an (associate) scientist with a strong background in animal disease models and bioanalytical assay development, to strengthen the Exploratory Pharmacology team.
- The Exploratory Pharmacology team supports all aspects of early assessment of novel Nanobody drug candidates in relevant in vivo models or ex vivo test systems during preclinical development in disease areas such as haematology, inflammation, infection, allergy and oncology.
- The main responsibilities for the Exploratory Pharmacology team are to outline the early in vivo/ex vivo proof-of-concept strategy, selection of appropriate animal models (mechanistic and/or disease-relevant), study design, data analysis and interpretation of results.
- In addition, the team is responsible for the development of pharmacokinetic (PK) assays, immunogenicity (ADA) assays and biomarker assays in support of the in vivo studies.
- You will design and implement preclinical proof-of-concept strategies to allow transition of promising drug candidates from discovery to late non-clinical testing
- You will coordinate in vivo/ex vivo studies, manage collaborative relationships with academic and industrial collaborators and internal parties
- Scientific responsibility for pharmacokinetic and immunogenicity analysis of Nanobodies in various species. More specific, you will supervise the development and qualification of assays (e.g. ELISA, MSD based) including study sample analysis.
- Ensure transfer of successful projects to late non-clinical teams
- You will be an active member of departmental and cross-departmental project teams that guide our different internal or partnered programs
- You will interact with project leaders and supervisor on a regular basis to synchronize the planned work versus the time lines
- You will contribute to scientific discussions and drive technical project progress
- You will write and review study plans and reports (reporting language is English)
- PhD. in Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology or related disciplines. More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply as entry level will depend on relevant experience.
- Strong scientific background
- Experience in designing and conducting in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo studies
- Experience in analytical method development
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Quick learner with ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening) skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
Find a Job Find Candidates