(Associate) Scientist Exploratory Pharmacology - TEMP 1y - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We’re offering a temporary full time position for an (associate) scientist with a strong background in animal disease models and bioanalytical assay development, to strengthen the Exploratory Pharmacology team.
- The Exploratory Pharmacology team supports all aspects of early assessment of novel Nanobody® drug candidates in relevant in vivo models or ex vivo test systems during preclinical development in disease areas such as haematology, inflammation, infection, allergy and oncology.
- The main responsibilities for the Exploratory Pharmacology team are to outline the early in vivo/ex vivo proof-of-concept strategy, selection of appropriate animal models (mechanistic and/or disease-relevant), study design, data analysis and interpretation of results.
- In addition, the team is responsible for the development of pharmacokinetic (PK) assays, immunogenicity (ADA) assays and biomarker assays in support of the in vivo studies.
- You will design and implement preclinical proof-of-concept strategies to allow transition of promising drug candidates from discovery to late non-clinical testing
- You will coordinate in vivo/ex vivo studies, manage collaborative relationships with academic and industrial collaborators and internal parties
- Scientific responsibility for pharmacokinetic and immunogenicity analysis of Nanobodies in various species.
- More specific, you will supervise the development and qualification of assays (e.g. ELISA, MSD based) including study sample analysis.
- Ensure transfer of successful projects to late non-clinical teams
- You will be an active member of departmental and cross-departmental project teams that guide our different internal or partnered programs
- You will interact with project leaders and supervisor on a regular basis to synchronize the planned work versus the time lines
- You will contribute to scientific discussions and drive technical project progress
- You will write and review study plans and reports (reporting language is English)
- PhD. in Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology or related disciplines.
- More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply as entry level will depend on relevant experience.
- Strong scientific background
- Experience in designing and conducting in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo studies
- Experience in analytical method development
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Quick learner with ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening) skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet timelines in a fast-paced environment